Techniques Framing Surfaces
All Woody prints are intended for fine art collectors.
All prints are Giclée’s are made from high-resolution images with impeccable colors and finely tuned sharpness on real archival papers and artist canvas.
What is a Giclee Print? Pronounced, zhee’clay, the word comes from the French, meaning to spray, which is exactly what an ink jet printer does. The quality of a giclee print is far superior to all other forms of printing.
Giclée prints are not to be confused with a pulled print. A pulled print is an original piece of fine art and not a copy. Pulled prints are made by printmakers from a master image they create themselves.
In brief, giclée reproductions were introduced to the market in the late 1980s . The quality of a giclée print is far superior to all other forms of printing, it’s the closest an artist can get to matching their original 2-D artwork.
Woody’s limited and open editions are produced with impeccable colors and finely tuned sharpness by leaders in fine art printing industry.
The criteria for creating a Woody prints are:
Resolution– All original Woody paintings are professionally scanned or photograph at 300 dpi or higher resolution.
Ink– The printing ink is pigmented (not dye) with 8 or more different colored pigmented inks used in the printer.
Medium– All canvases and papers used to produce your limited edition print are 100% archival artisan paper.
Printer– The printer mechanics used to reproduce original artworks is a wide format ink jet printer.
Our select printing partners have ground breaking technical experience in the creative digital realm, providing collectors and patrons with archival fine art prints that outperform others with respect to color fidelity and detail.
WE ONLY USE GALLERY QUALITY CANVAS – Pigmented Giclée Inks
A gallery canvas is an elegant way to present your Woody painting.
In general, limited editions are custom made canvas prints (up to 40X60 inches) shipped unframed. If you prefer, your canvas prints can be stretched by our craftsmen for a natural look and feel –they are not mass produced.
- Our stretched canvas comes ready to hang – we’ve installed the hardware for you.
- We offer a variety of stretcher sizes as well as border styles.
Gallery Mounted Plaque specialty framing only available for customized limited edition prints on paper.
Gallery inspired mounts are beautiful, trendy, all while being more affordable than custom framing. Made with a select fine art archival pigment papers on earth friendly substrates, this gallery mount offers variety and arrives ready to hang.
- Gallery Flats come with keyhole mounting systems.
- Gallery Boxes and Gallery Floats include box cleats for stability and strength.
The contemporary look of this print mounting method is ideal for your Woody painting
Diasec is a museum approved method for print preservation and for bringing the detail, color and tonal range of your Woody painting to life.
- Face Mounted on lens-grade optically clear 1/8″ or 1/4″ acrylic, the edges are sanded to a smooth satin finish or hand polished for a crystal clear look (Polishing not available with giclée papers).
- The face mount to acrylic plex comes backer-less, or with your choice of backer materials and hanging hardware: an optional metal French cleat style hanging system or stand-offs.
- Square corners are standard, rounded corners are available.
A real Diasec is engineered to never separate, peel, or fail. Your Woody painting will look amazing against most any wall type.